Jewelry Business Forum
Business development conference for jewelry artists
Jewelry Business Forum 2024
The next Jewelry Business Forum will be held digitally Monday 1/15- Thursday 1/18/2024.
About the event
This digital conference is created to empower small jewelry business owners. Attendees will receive professional development in marketing and business skills while being inspired for the New Year. Halstead will host this event annually to help small jewelry business owners navigate entrepreneurship.The event is 4 days long and is a live webinar format. There will be 15 one-hour presentations. All sessions will be recorded and available to view the week after the conference. The speaker line up consist of experts in the jewelry field and entrepreneurship space.This is also an opportunity to connect with other jewelry business owners. Jewelers are often solopreneurs who are seeking peers for a sense of community. The online format allows busy small business owners to attend live sessions for part of the day and then return to their studio or office to work.
2024 Call for Speakers!
If you are interested in presenting at the 2024 digital conference please submit an application. Remember the Jewelry Business Forum is focused on business development skills. Please make sure your topic is relevant to small jewelry businesses.
Past Conference - 2023 Speaker Line Up
For information about the speakers, sponsors and descriptions of the presentations from 2023, please download our Conference Guide.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Jewelry Business Forum please email Halstead’s Marketing & Creative Manager Kelli Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewelry Business Forum FAQs
Using Zoom Events:
- You will be able to register as a guest if you don’t want to make a Zoom account, but chat and networking features will be limited if you register as a guest
- Sessions can be viewed on a computer, tablet, or phone. You are not required to download the Zoom app, you will have the option to watch on the web browser
- After entering your registration information, you will confirm your ticket “purchase” - all tickets for JBF are free, you will not have to input any card information
- You will receive a confirmation email when you’ve registered with a link to the lobby. You will also receive an email an hour before each day’s first session starts
- You may choose to update your Zoom account profile – they have options to include information and questions that can be used for networking features *this is optional
- The main lobby will have a public chat option during event hours when moderators are available. If you connect with other attendees, you can create separate private chats with your connections
Navigating the JBF Event Tabs:
- Lobby – this is the main lobby that will be available during the week of the event and will give you information about upcoming sessions for the day.
- Sessions – see all available sessions for the week. They can be broken down by day and filtered by topic. You can join each session here. This is also where you will see the recording when the session ends. You can also bookmark sessions to create your own itinerary.
- Itinerary – this will show you the schedule of sessions you’ve bookmarked, you can also filter it to see all available sessions.
- Sponsors – check out our sponsor pages! Without them, the Jewelry Business Forum would not be as successful as it has been. Some sponsors may provide downloadable materials.
- Speakers – see a list of all the speakers for the event and their bios.
- People – see a list of all attendees with whom you can connect.
You may choose to connect with other attendees. You can send a request to connect through the profiles on the attendee list or by hovering over a profile picture in a public chat. The request must be accepted before you can begin a private conversation. Don't want to network? When you click on your Zoom profile you can set yourself to “Feeling Social”, “Simply Exploring”, or you have the option to hide yourself. If you choose to hide, you will still be able to chat in the lobby and session chats but will not be able to network. Contact information will be private unless you agree to connect with someone.
Hilary Halstead Scott
Free Small Business Courses for Jewelry Artists
This article will explore the amazing array of services offered by the SBA, SBDC, and SCORE. It will also explain how these organizations are alike and different from one another.Read More
Kelli Vanyek Greene
Jewelry Business Plan Toolkit
A business plan guide is a tool to help you work through planning and preparation steps so your jewelry business will be successful.Read More
Hilary Halstead Scott
CDFI Small Business Loans
Jewelry artists looking for funding should consider CDFI small business loans. Community Development Financial Institutions are organizations that finance small business that would otherwise struggle to get funding.Read More